Software Engineer, Backend
Typescript / Node
Location: London (GB) or Remote
People create great things; Feed helps them find their audience.
Our platform automates digital advertising for musicians and creators, enabling them to find new audiences, keep them engaged and grow revenue from their biggest supporters. The first ad network we have integrated is Facebook and Instagram.
The founders’ backgrounds are in music, working on campaigns for musicians like Aphex Twin, Flying Lotus, Flume, Two Door Cinema Club and SOPHIE, and musicians are our initial market of focus.
Feed empowers musicians and their teams to:
- Find new audiences and reach them with the content that works
- Keep their entire audience engaged and build fan relationships
- Grow income from their biggest supporters through things like ticket and record sales
Musicians can focus on what they do best, while Feed optimises their ads round the clock through constant A/B testing. Feed caters for any level of budget, requires no marketing knowledge and is fully automated. As a result, the platform opens up creative business growth to a huge number of musicians and creators.
To date we have raised pre-seed investment, including a crowdfund that was more than 300% oversubscribed. Having ran a successful beta programme since the Spring, we are now preparing to launch the paid version of Feed in 2021, and raise a more substantial seed round.
Right now, our focus is on building the best product possible. So, we are aiming to grow the tech team quickly, particularly after the next round of investment.
This is an opportunity to join a start-up as one of its earliest core employees and play a crucial part in shaping its future. Working within a small engineering team, and closely with the founders, you will be part of the whole development cycle - from architecture design to implementation and maintenance.
In addition to building out new features, you will work to improve backend architecture, transitioning to microservices and a combination of non-relational and relational databases.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about the product, the difference it can make to musicians and creators, and looking for an opportunity that puts them right at the centre of product and company decision making.
Your skills and experience
We don’t expect that you meet all the criteria listed, but would love for you to have experience in the majority of these areas:
- 4+ years of experience
- Containerisation technologies, in particular Cloud Run and Docker
- Deploying and operating applications in cloud infrastructure (GCP / AWS)
- Developing and designing REST APIs
- CI/CD implementation using Terraform
- OOP and TDD principles
- ORMs and writing queries for non-sql and sql databases
As a plus:
- Integrating Stripe, Facebook and other advertising APIs
- Data engineering methodologies
- Running web apps using Firebase
- Use of Apache Airflow
- Caching technologies like Redis
- Frontend development, and familiarity with React.js, to support frontend engineers
We are looking for someone who gets the vision, is excited by the opportunity and has potential to grow into a core member of the team as the company grows.
Salary: £40,000-£60,000 full time equivalent, depending on experience.
Equity: equity options to be discussed after a trial period.
Location: we are a remote team though most of us are based in London so ideally we are looking for someone based within +/- 3h of UTC.
To apply, submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.